Saturday, October 10, 2009

Stand Tall

Since my 'big' projects don't seem to be coming together as quickly as I might like them to lately, it's time to take a look at one of the little details.

Did you happen to notice these in my dressing room project?


I just wanted to share a thrifty tip for helping tall boots keep their shape:


I took a simple plastic placemat (2 for $1 at my local dollar store), rolled it up, put it in the boot all the way down to the heel, and then zipped the boot back up.



Presto! The placemat unrolls in the boot just enough to fill out the calf and keep the boot upright.

5 comments:

  1. Go figure that even the placemat's are beautiful. You're fantstical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the placemat trick is brilliant! but i was also thinking, 'no! too pretty to go in a boot!'

    kelly
    http://tearinguphouses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I was looking for some way to make my boots stand pretty and I found it. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing tip! And, I love how thifty it is.

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you think!