Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Creation of a Laundry 'Room'

Maybe it's just me, but isn't doing laundry the coolest thing ever?! Ok, it probably IS just me. But check this out:


I am now the proud owner of a lovely, new-to-me, energy efficient washer & dryer!

Now, I'm generally not a big fan of basements, and mine is no exception - I visit it as infrequently as possible. But after these two beauties were moved in and hooked up, I set about making what was previously an empty basement wall become a cheerful and efficient laundry area.

I built a simple shelf from a leftover piece of mdf and some lattice (total cost: about $5), then I rummaged around the rest of the house to find a few coordinating accessories, and - voila! - a laundry 'room' was born!

I can honestly say that I've never been more excited to do laundry than I was tonight. I even stayed down there for a good part of the first load, just to 'watch' (well, that also might've been because I was the one to hook it all up, and I wanted to make sure nothing went wrong!) The novelty won't last long, I'm sure, but for today, it was pretty exciting!

2 comments:

  1. WOW. They are really beautiful! You know you're OLD when you say appliances are "beautiful". Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice, love the laundry room.

    Melina. : )

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you think!