Saturday, July 25, 2009

Demo Day

Today's pics aren't so much 'Before and After' as 'Before and During', because in this case, the 'After' is going to take awhile. But the progress was gratifying, so I thought I'd put up some pics!

My house came with an ill-made, rotten, useless front deck. Exhibit A:


Your eyes aren't deceiving you, those railings are at approximately knee-height. The only way the deck's been useful since I moved in is as a surface to paint on, that's why you might've noticed that smattering of red paint over the peeling blue.

Anyhow, it had to go, to make way for lots of change, including a new deck and stairs (eventually), although there's some bigger 'structural' stuff I need to take care of first.

But here's the result of my afternoon's labours. The term 'brute strength' comes to mind, although it helped that a lot of the wood was rotten! :)


So, as I said, not pretty yet, but on it's way! As for me, I'm well on my way to a nap. Today's the kind of day I wish I had a man's upper body strength, because that wore me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you think!