Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sometimes what I'm working on really doesn't warrant 'before & after' shots (trust me, you don't want to see photos of the basement door I spent the last hour painting. Though, I am definitely grateful to finally have use of it again. But that's a story for another day)

Anyway, how about a transformation that I didn't really have anything to do with (unless you count the fact that I could see the potential, even in the dreariness of Spring)? Here's what my backyard looked like before I moved in:


Those gnarly old trees are apple trees - I have the remains of a small orchard. Neat, huh?

And here's what my backyard looks like today:

With everything so green and full-grown, it's almost 'cocoon-like'. Love!

I feel so lucky that my property already had tons of mature shrubs and flowers. Every week it's fun to discover what is blooming - so of course, I take pictures:













And most recently:













I am currently LOVING this last one, which just started blooming this weekend. So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you think!